Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

It's Movember. Time to act.

It's Movember.

I should do something to contribute to raising awareness of the men's issues that Movember supports. I was a couple of days late coming to this conclusion, but better late than doing nothing at all. So I started growing my moustache on the 3rd November  and will see how it will progress until 30th November.

It is important to me to raise awareness about the issues with Prostate Cancer for men, especially since in the last 18 months I was diagnosed and eventually treated for Prostate cancer. The treatment finished a few months ago, but I am still struggling with some of the after effects. I was lucky that my cancer was caught before it became too aggressive and it is likely that that the treatment I have had will satisfactorily deal with the cancer. One of the biggest problems for me apart from the initial trauma of finding out that I had cancer was getting my head around the after effects of treatment and dealing with the knowledge that hey would severely affect my lifestyle for the rest of my life.

I would appreciate your help with my Movember campaign. Guys, please consider joining my team and growing a moustache for my team. Girls, you can help by joining my team  and raising awareness and encouraging donations from your contacts and friends.


Join my team at http://au.movember.com/team/1396365
Donate to my team at https://www.movember.com/au/donate/payment/team_id/1396365
Donate to me at https://www.movember.com/au/donate/payment/member_id/8429997/

I have started this blog so I can go back to the beginning and document my recollections of the feelings and issues that had to be faced along the way. Do some research on what the future might bring in dealing with this cancer and mostly make a start on raising awareness of how big this issue is for men and start discussion about it so more attention research and fund raising can be brought to bear to improve the diagnostic tools and treatment options available.

No comments:

Post a Comment